A large spectrum of services on a world standard level is provided by the National Library of Technology to its visitors and clients who can enjoy them in a modern and comfortable milieu.
Study, Relax, Collaborate
The building offers 1,151 places for studying and two relaxation zones (quiet zones). The Periodicals Reading Room is located on the 3rd floor. Here, the last two years of scientific and popular science periodical (about 1,700) are stored. Several electronic databases which can only be accessed in the Library are also located here. The Rare Books and Special Collections Reading Room is situated on the same floor. Daily newspapers are available on the 4th floor. Teamwork Rooms are located on the 4th through 6th floors; Carrels for individual study are on the 6th floor. To reserve teamwork rooms or carrels, use the Library's Booking System. On the ground floor of the Library, the 24*7 Reading Room is open to NTK registered clients outside of normal working hours (no reservation needed). Every floor has a small kitchen with vending machines for snacks and beverages. And on the 6th floor, you will find two outdoor patios (open in good weather).
Find the Information You Need
The entire Library has WiFi, and workspaces throughout the building have power outlets. There are 160 computer workstations throughout the building which registered clients can use for searching the catalogues (Library Catalog, Institute of Chemical Technology Catalog, and that of the Central Library of the Czech Technical University) as well as electronic library resources and databases. Terminals also have LibreOffice. Seven information on the 1st floor and 37 kiosks on the 2nd floor also provide registered clients with these resources.
Print, Copy, and Scan
Print or copy at one of the nine multipurpose devices (MPD) on floors 2 through the 6. Simply charge your library card with funds and follow the instructions on the machines. The Reprographic Center can also assist you with your copying needs (turnaround time typically one business day).
Please be Considerate of Others
- Please refrain from phone calls in the Library. Switch to silent mode of your cell phone and other similar devices.
- Use our lobby or pleasant café for conversations. Please respect the Library's Quiet Zones, floors 3 and 6.
- The Library is not a dining room. Books are not meal trays. While food and beverages can be enjoyed throughout the Library, kindly consume your drinks and food on tables, not in the stacks.
- Preserve the Library for the future. Be kind to the Library´s furniture and books--use copies for writing and highlighting.
- Help us keep the books in order. Please leave your books on the return shelves located throughout the Library. We will gladly re-shelve them for you.
- We're here to help. Please visit the Information Desk if you have any questions about the Library or your Research. We're here to help.